The Arab world's leading 24-hour news station. The platform provides a deeper understanding of Arab societies, cultures, and economies.
The birth of the site "Alarabiya.net" www.alarabiya.net on February 21, 2004, after a planning process began with the launch of Al Arabiya channel on March 2003, becoming the interface of the channel on the Internet, and viewer destination for more details of the topics and reports and images and follow-up.
In 2009, the integration of the Arabic screen and the site began to be transferred to a televised site for its meetings, news, and programs, in addition to the possibilities of publishing the expansion of details, backgrounds, photos, and videos, which led to an unprecedented increase in site visits.
The site presents its own topics provided by a wide network of correspondents around the world, in which the screen, in turn, displays the most important and the interactions of readers with them.
The editor of the Saudi media site is headed by Mamdouh Al-Muhaini.
Definition of site sections
Alarabiya.net consists of several sections/pages:
- "The first page": includes the most important news and the latest, and includes sections and corners from which you can learn about everything published on the pages of the site. Also on the front page is the weekly referendum, which gives the editorial team special attention in terms of selecting questions and answers. There is also a section on the page "Readers' Choice", where "Arabic.Net" was the first Arabic site that provided the feature of "the most readable and interesting topics for comments ....", which is a box that attracts a large number of visitors to the site, where the site automatically calculates more Topics Read and provoke comments and send to friends.
- "Arab and World": the news, articles and political reports related to the Middle East and the Arab world, in addition to the full archive of news, reports, and articles related to it on the site.
- "Saudi Arabia": This page was created due to the great interest and interest of readers of Saudi Arabia on the site, where it publishes news about Saudi Arabia from different regions of the Kingdom and around the clock.
- "Arab Maghreb": This section contains pages for the countries of North Africa .. Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya and Mauritania, through which he publishes news, events and various activities of these countries.
- Sports: Sports news, articles, and reports, as well as the full archive of sports news, are posted on the site. The "Sport" page provides complete coverage of important sports tournaments in terms of reports, photos, videos, and interactive files. It also provides live streaming of the results of the matches in the Saudi championships, and most of the international leagues such as English, Italian and Spanish, in addition to statistics related to each match.
- "Medical and Health": publishes news, medical reports, and articles specialized in that area, in addition to the full archive of medical and health topics published on the site.
- "Arab Style": This page provides everything related to the new world of fashion and beauty.
- "Culture and Art": publishes news, reports, artistic topics in singing, music, TV drama and cinema, in addition to reports, cultural news, books, and related articles, and a full archive of everything published on the site related to this field.
- "Technology": publishes news, reports, topics, articles, scientific, technological and technical, in addition to the full archive of what is published on the site about it.
- "Arab Markets": news, reports, topics, articles, and articles of the market, money and stock exchange, in addition to the full archive of what is published on the site.
- "Al-Akhira": provides a variety of non-political news meal site team is keen to be characterized by light content and smooth language while maintaining professional assets.
- "Opinions": The page represents an intellectual forum for a large number of opinion writers whose articles are published whether they are site-specific or selected from the best published in the Arab press.
- Opinions are published on the home page and then distributed to other pages, each as appropriate to the nature of the page.
- "From the Press": Daily report on the main topics covered by the press.
- "Live Streaming" - The live streaming of Al Arabiya and the event live on the site.
- "Arabic Video" - includes all videos posted on the site.
- "Arab programs" - Videos of programs broadcast by Al Arabiya.
- The various topics that are published are often accompanied by related videos that have been broadcast on Al Arabiya.
- Jawwal Al Arabia: The service provides live news updates on political, economic and sports news through SMS and MMS. The service was launched in August 2005.
- In addition, the site offers several additional services such as "Windows", "Arab Podcast" and "in the footsteps of the Arabs", "Arab Studies" and "Arabs in America."
Arabic.Net in different languages
The English version of Alarabiya.net (https://english.alarabiya.net) was launched as a bridge between Arabic and English speakers, whether they are English-speaking Arabs or non-Arabs with a particular passion to follow the news of the Middle East. The team does not only publish news agencies but also translates daily reports on Alarabiya.net and social stories.
Launched in August 2007, the site consists of several sections/pages:
- "Front Page" - publishes the most important issues of the day and the latest news.
- "Middle East" - includes all the news and analysis related to the Middle East.
- "International" - interested in international affairs.
- "Variety" - offers a variety of non-political news.
- "Hot files" - extensively address hot political and non-political issues.
- "Interactive Library" - a section for image files.
- "Opinions" - The page includes the opinions of a large number of opinion writers on the most prominent issues and events of the day.
- Markets and Technology publish market and financial news and scientific, technological and technological developments.
- "Culture and Society" publishes news and social and cultural topics.
- "Referendum" - a weekly referendum on the most important issues of the day.
- "Jawal Arabic" sends political, urgent, sports and economics news in English via mobile.
- Al Arabiya Programs publishes a list of Al Arabiya TV programs and schedules.
- "Video" - publishes some videos in English of the Arabic channel.
Alarabiya.net has launched an Urdu version (https://urdu.alarabiya.net) to address the needs of an important Middle Eastern population in Muslim countries such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, and parts of the Indian subcontinent. These pages allow the Arabic voice to be transmitted to them and, in turn, listen to them through their comments on the news. The site was launched in March 2008.
The site "Alarabiya.net" launched a version in Farsi (https://farsi.alarabiya.net) and targeted to the Persian-speaking communities in the Arab world, as well as visitors to the site from Iran and other Persian-speaking countries. The site was launched in March 2008.
Al Arabiya.net records unprecedented numbers of visits, especially in the event of major events, which is why it has become a favorite destination for advertising companies. Nielsen provides site statistics around the clock and is available free of charge to advertising companies and advertisers.